These example projects are designed to run on the CY8CKIT-042 (PSoC 4 Pioneer Kit) from Cypress Semiconductor. A full description of the kit, along with more example programs and ordering information, can be found at http://www.cypress.com/cy8ckit-042.
This kit is a development platform for the PSoC 4 family of devices. It includes a CY8C4245AXI-483 part with 32kB on-chip flash memory and 4kB SRAM. The kit hardware provides the following features.
- Arduino™ shield-compatible headers
- Digilent® Pmod™ peripheral module header
- 5-element CapSense™ slider
- RGB LED
- Power and status LEDs
- Reset and user push-button switches
- Multiple power supply options: JTAG/SWD header, USB, external power via LDO, or Arduino shield
- 3.3V or 5.0V operation (jumper)
- JTAG/SWD debug connector 10 pin 0.1”
- On-board PSoC 5LP for serial I/O (I2C or UART) bridge to PC
To build/program/modfy the attached examples, use the free PSoC Creator 3.0 software IDE (http://www.cypress.com/psoccreator).
In this package the ARM GNU GCC 4.7.3 is used to build all projects. This compiler is automatically installed with PSoC Creator 3.0.
To explore the applications in PSoC Creator open the workspace file “CY8CKIT-042-GCC.cywsp” . This workspace includes the following projects.
Programming/debugging is provided through either the on-board USB connector J10 or the Cypress MiniProg3 debug adapter (not provided in the CY8CKIT-042 kit) on header J6.