The following wiki describes the development of freertos_posix - a POSIX wrapper for FreeRTOS.
- Not all POSIX functions are implemented, the followings are the major functions developed. You are invited to contribute new functions and improve the existing ones.
- POSIX Thread: mapped to FreeRTOS task (pthread.h, and unistd.h)
- Mutex functions: mapped to FreeRTOS semaphore
- Filestream operations (e.g. open, read, write, lseek, etc): not associated with any FreeRTOS functions (unistd.h)
- Time and clock functions (e.g. time and clock): using the context switch timer required in FreeRTOS (time.h)
- Socket API: mapped to uip: Please note that the socket API is only posix-like and it is NOT compatible with standard POSIX operation.
- File system operations: mapped to FatFs. (under development)
- Extra functions include:
- a coroutine task scheduler, in order to run multiple POSIX threads in a single FreeRTOS Task (see pthread.c and system.c)
- dsp library API