1) First I did
> svn co https://freertos.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/freertos/trunk freertos
> cd freertos/Demo
> svn copy PIC24_MPLAB PIC24_XLP16_MPLABX
this is my baseline, add patch onto it...
2) Next step was to make it compile under MPLABX (Linux could help Mac users too)
3) Reduce memory usage - a lot PIC24F16KA102 only have 16 kB Flash, 1.5 kB SRAM!
4) Debug stack overruns... (could be helped by hardware, PIC24 has stack limit register)
this added ASSERTS in standard files
5) Now it sends! Why doesn't it receive.
Not sure but disabling ADC helped...
6) Pack it up! Noticed the new multiport serial port - should have been built on that (but it is too new)
roger po-int larsson at slentelit po-int se (will be away from this work for about 1½ week)